Monday, November 26, 2012

Very Special Outfit

I have already wrote a blog today to update you but this deserves it's very own post because today Sunni got to wear a very special outfit.

When I first found out that Sunni had CDH I was 21 weeks pregnant.  I started researching everything I could about CDH online.  Some things were scary, some sad, and some very encouraging.  Along the way I found that personal blogs from other CDH families were the best thing to read because they really told it "how it is."

In that search I found Baby Bee, aka Bonnie.  She was born 4 days prior to me finding out about Sunni's condition.  I ready every single blog that her sweet mommy posted and kept up with her every single day.  I cried and smiled many, many times.  I prayed for Bonnie like she was my own.  I was rooting for her every step of the way.  She too was on ECMO and had many trying times.  Most importantly, Bonnie is a CDH survivor and she gave me hope!  (You can find her blog listed on the right side of my page if you want to meet her).

So when my journey started after Sunni was born, Bonnie's mom, Leslie was there for advice and encouragement.  One day I got a very special package in the mail from baby Bonnie.  I immediately recognized it.  It was an outfit that Bonnie wore in NICU and I had remembered seeing her pictured in it.  How awesome!  I was so excited!  Then I read the card enclosed and found out that the outfit had belonged to another CDH survivor before Bonnie named Lilly.  So Sunni is the 3rd CDH baby to wear this outfit and I think it it the coolest thing ever!  It brings tears to my eyes, actually.

So here it is.  Sunni in the very special outfit.  Thank you Lilly and Bonnie!  Sunni will too pass this outfit on when the time comes.  It is SUCH an honor to wear this. :)



1 comment:

  1. I love seeing her in this outfit :) She is such a rockstar. Bonnie sends love and continued positive CDH mojo! :)

    ReplyDelete